Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween Story

This is a truly true story.

One year for Halloween, I went as a tired housewife. I had a bathrobe, curlers, a baby doll, slippers, make-up bags under my eyes, the full package. It was cold cold out and wet, so I put bags over my slippers to keep them dry (which pretty much defeated the purpose of them). 

I am proud to say that a number of years later, I am a housewife and I am NOTHING like that (besides, of course the tired part. Once you've lost so much sleep as a new mom, it's almost nearly impossible to get back. The "sleep when your baby sleeps" thing is harder than you'd think). I rarely wear my bathrobe, my slippers are shoes enough and I only wear them to do tasks, the baby doll is an actual baby, I don't wear curlers (because duh. short hair. Also, it's already curly enough.), and the bags under my eyes are well hidden by a special cream I put on every day (that and mascara are my only make-up usually). 

Anyway. I'm just super excited for the day Sean and I get to take Milo out trick-or-treating. This year, we're staying in and handing out candy and making sure Milo gets to bed on time... Super festive. Sean and I went to a fun Halloween dinner party yesterday and we dressed up as Bob and Linda from Bob's Burgers. No one know who we were.. but Sean dyed his mustache and I dyed my hair, so It was still fun. 

Happy Halloween!!!

Love, Miss Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment