Monday, October 19, 2015

3 Month Update!

Yeah, so I'm not great at blog updates.

SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED! Milo is so smart and strong already, I don't know what I'm going to do. Here is a bulleted list of Milo updates.

  • He loves to stand up so much that sometimes, I have to manipulate him into sitting. ALREADY. That's like a 2 year old thing. I sure hope I'll be able to handle his inevitable rambunctiousness...
  • Milo is SO close to rolling over from his tummy. I just need to be persistent with tummy-time so he learns to use his legs instead of just being a superman all the time. But I wouldn't be surprised if sometime next week he was rolling over. No more immobile baby for me... 
  • Today, he played with his first toy for real. He grabbed the Sophie la Giraffe toy and tried eating it. He was coaxed a little bit, but only to separate his hands that have been recently glued together by spit. 
  • Oh, yeah. He's started sucking on his hands hardcore. Sometimes when we're driving places, you can hear popping and sucking noises coming from the backseat. The days of silent driving are over, that's for sure. 
  • He is laughing! It cracks me up to see him laugh. His smile is the biggest smile I've ever seen ever, I'm pretty sure. He's got his mouth wide open, his cheeks bulging, and his eyes are the happiest. 
  • He's taking regular naps! It's not always a walk in the park to get him down, but he's sleeping on his own for about 40 minutes at a time 4 times a day. Hallelujah. He's still doing really well at night and I'm just really proud of him. 

As for the rest of us:
  • Sean and I have been married for a whole 3 years! Time flies. Also, it's felt like forever. In the best way, of course. I sure love that guy and I'm the happiest ever to be married to him. (ahh... mushy gush)
  • Sean is doing so much at his new job but it's all super impressive. Right now, he's working on furnishing a mother's room that's going to be in FORBES MAGAZINE. Guys. That's so impressive. I'm so proud of him.
  • I never in my life thought I would be going up and down so many stairs. Having lived a good third of my life in single-floor homes, all I wanted when my parents moved into a real house was stairs. Now I have my own house and a good third of my house is stairs. With three levels, not including the unfinished basement, I spend all day walking up and down stairs. In fact, all in the time it took to write this, I've had to go up to Milo's room and back to the computer approx. 6 times. And I'm so not complaining. My legs look awesome because of it. 
  • Tonight, we're going to Cornbelly's with some of Sean's old work friends! I'm excited! We're definitely going to eat deep-fried treats, which is the best. 

Here's some pictures!











No comments:

Post a Comment