Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hanging in There

These last few weeks have been a little rough. He's been less willing to take naps, going to bed is a fight some nights, and I've had a few meltdowns.

I get that we're still learning. He's only 7 weeks old, but it's definitely difficult. It's like a puzzle that randomizes itself every hour and you have to find the new set of tricks that will work each time. There are so many things that I want to do for him or for Sean and it's just not always possible and I have to accept that as much as I'm in charge, it's him that's running the show.

We've spent a good 80% of our days this week sitting on the couch. Who knew being a mom would be the perfect opportunity to binge watch all the shows. Netflix is a real new mom blessing.

It's also pretty crazy seeing how I have had to change my diet. Doing so many simple tasks is a challenge now. Eating takes coordination, planning and sometimes doesn't even happen. Showering is truly a feat. Getting chores all the way done is almost a distant memory.

But, like I said, we're still learning. And I love that my doctor has validated my meltdowns. I'm not crazy, it's a good mix of hormones, sleep deprivation, and baby talk.

I can handle it. And I will handle it. I can't always promise that Milo will be able to keep it together, but we'll do our best.

Love, Miss Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Talk about deja vu. I just want to copy this post and paste it into my blog haha.
    I have felt (and usually still feel!) the exact same way. I can't even tell you how many complete series I watched on Netflix our first few weeks/months haha. And I totally know what you mean about eating! Holy cow. Clark is 6 months now and I'm barely starting to know what I can do and what I should buy at the store so I actually eat meals. Meltdowns are totally normal and, probably, healthy. :)
    If it makes you feel any better... I had all these grand plans for Clark's sleeping schedules based off sister in laws experiences. Yeah, no... Clark is 6 months old and I barely got some sleep training to stick. We even went through a few weeks where I pretty much slept every night in the guest room in Clark's room cuddling him so he'd sleep. So bad.
    IT GETS BETTER AND EASIER!!! Just enjoy what you have now even if you're beyond exhausted. :)

    ReplyDelete