Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Taking Naps and Cutting Slack

I'm not going to dance around it, being a mom is a pretty hard job. Even though I've only been at it for a month and a week, I've already learned so much, one thing being that I have a LONG way to go.

It took Sean and I maybe a whole day or two to figure out (and then for me to come to terms with) that Milo has grown. He is officially out of newborn diapers and clothes, and into size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes. But he stayed in the newborn size for a month, so I shouldn't be complainy.

I can tell overall that he has grown, but it's still a weird thing. He's so little! But at the same time he's ginormous compared to other babies or still just little... it's a hard thing to explain, but I'm sure some of you get it.

Sometimes I freak myself out thinking about how in a few months he's going to be sitting and playing and laughing and I might never get anything done ever again. But at the same time, that freak out is overshadowed by how extremely excited I am to have fun with him instead of just taking naps and changing the diapers and feeding.

I have really great neighbors that have come to visit and offer help as well as having had in-laws here for the past weeks. Honestly, having Sean's mom here was a huge blessing. She let us have a date night and took him in the mornings so I could catch up on sleep. She's really an excellent woman and I'm so glad she raised such a good, responsible son that I could then marry and have a son with.


We went to a Bees game



Sean's brother, Brady, ran a race as an eggplant against other produce and got 3rd place, which was fun and we the Bees Won!

Sean gave Milo a blessing and then we had a party at our home afterward that people came to and it was great. (Also, we took a not-great picture before church. Hurray.)

We went up to the Spiral Jetty and took some pictures. 


Sean and I went on a date night to a pizza place and then Provo Beach Resort where we won the hilarious Husky plush. 



And we had lots of fun with family.

Overall,  things have been going pretty well and I think we'll be able to make it.

Love, Miss Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment