Saturday, January 10, 2015

Thoughts on the First Trimester

I'm only about 3 days away from my second trimester. HALLELUJAH. The first trimester was certainly not a breeze, but I feel like it could have been much worse. I had the usual morning sickness and exhaustion as well as most of the other strange things that happen during this whole deal, but I only felt really bad for a couple weeks and even then I still had energy to go out sometimes and get dressed every day. And it was also really nice that those 2 weeks I had off of work because of Christmas.

Morning Sickness
To say my morning sickness was horrible would be an overstatement. Only about 30 to 40% of the days involved actual vomit, although most all of them included nausea. Considering, though, that a lot of my life (i.e. pms, periods, random weekdays, etc) involved nausea without having a baby in me it wasn't as bad as I was originally imagining. Also with my mom having a history of being violently ill a large portion of being pregnant with me and my sister, I'd say I've been blessed. Either that, or it's a boy and the old wives tale saying they don't make you as sick is really true.

Exhaustion
The exhaustion was rough though. Living in the basement is a pain during that time because if I want something to eat that involved anything besides a small cart, mini fridge, and microwave, I had to hike up 13 steps and take a breather. Nearly every morning during my 2 week holiday break from work, I had to take a rest and sit down while still showering. Looking back, I should've just taken baths but our tub is really shallow and I don't think the drain plugs all the way.

Moodiness
Moodiness was minor. Maybe a few times I had a really hard time but I've always been pretty even-keel and skillful at keeping my emotions in check. Even watching a particularly touching episode of Parenthood last night with my mom I kept it together and didn't weep profusely at the thought of Sean having a heart attack or having an emotionally charged baby shower in a hospital cafeteria. Cry count so far this pregnancy: 2. I'm great.

#Blessed
Plus, I really shouldn't have too much to complain about anyway because Sean really is the best husband in the entire world. I honestly don't think I would've been able to handle any of this if he wasn't as incredible as he is. He'd probably just say he was doing his job, which he probably was but i digress. Sean is great, I'm great. We can totally handle this.


Love,
Miss Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment