Sunday, March 13, 2016

Homemade Eczema Cream

Milo has really sensitive skin. He's struggled with dry skin and eczema for a long time plus he's sensitive to certain soaps and creams, so it's definitely been a challenge to keep his skin soft and not rashy. And on top of that, he's a squirmy boy so it's hard to really put a thick cream or emolient on well. 

So recently, I came up with a concoction that has worked wonders and is the perfect consistency and I thought I would share it! 

Ingredients:
 Equal parts Aquaphor (or vaseline), Eucerin cream (or other thick, medicated cream), and coconut oil.

Start out with a big gob of Aquaphor (or vaseline) in a tub, then add eucerin, and coconut oil (melted). Mix to your desired consistency.

We only apply it at night after his bath, but I'm sure you could use it more often. It has seriously made a huge difference for Milo.

I hope this helps!
Miss Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment