Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Father Talks

Meet little Milo Donner!

During the ultrasound, this picture was orange and black instead of black and white and it looked like he was standing in fire. I liked that. Not in a, "I hate this kid" kind of way, but more of a, "This looks so cool!" sort.

Today, we were driving home from furniture shopping and Ellen fell asleep. (Hard day of ultrasounds and furniture shopping) I had sometime to let my mind wander and I started thinking about how in a few short months we will have a tiny person that we have to keep alive, first and foremost! I feel confident that we will be able to pull this off.

Beside that highly important part of parenting, we will also be responsible for teaching him basic human things need to know. Ya know, things like communication, counting, some kind of work ethic, eventually driving, and not being an all around horrible person!

I think the thought that seems the most intimidating is knowing that we are working with a completely clean slate and we have an insane amount of control over how Milo will see the world through out his life. This is a huge responsibility.

~Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment