Monday, December 22, 2014

The First Announcement

I was sick. Super sick. Like throwing up every half hour throughout the night sick. I skipped church that day because I was in such bad shape. The next day, I went to work and they sent me home because I didn't look great. Thank heavens for lovely co-workers. I went home, slept for a few more hours and then rested a little more. I hadn't thrown up since the morning before so I was getting better, but I still wasn't great.
At about 4 o'clock I got a weird urge to take the 'test'. You know the one. I grabbed the cheap-o one we had and went for it. Two faint lines. Wait. TWO. I was so nervously excited that I ran upstairs to ask my mom what she thought. Yep, two lines. She asked if I had another one I could take. I did. I guzzled a bottle of water, ran back downstairs, and took test number two.
(+)
I really couldn't believe it. It had been a year since we started trying and I was starting to get frustrated. Well... more frustrated. I flipped my ever-loving lid. I immediately re-downloaded all my favorite pregnancy apps, browsed Pinterest, and was frustrated when Sean told me he'd be late that night. No way, jose. I got in the car and drove the 40+ minutes to pick him up. I got to Lehi and went in to get Sean. We walked back to the car and I was playing it cool as a cuke.
"I made you something," I said.
I had put the second test in an old glasses case.
"It's a weird shape so I put it in here."
He opened it without any questions.
"I made you a baby!"
"Really?" He said with a look of disbelief.
I nodded. He closed the glasses case and gave me a huge squeeze. We got in the car and immediately started planning. We went to Applebee's for dinner and I was still icky-feeling (and would be for the next who knows how long). We ate and then went back home and told my dad. The next day (or so) I made my first appointment with our lovely doctor.
And that was one of the best days ever.
Love, Miss Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment